Summary: Performs installation, maintenance, modification, overhaul, service and repair of air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs installation and preventive maintenance on all HVAC, refrigeration and control systems.*
- Assesses and diagnoses required repairs, both for estimated cost and vendor responsibility – escalation requirements and vendor responsibility are dictated by each client and may differ.
- Replaces electrical components such as compressors, contactors, motor starters; relays and diagnoses any electrical or mechanical components to which these are related.
- Changes out gas and oil furnaces and split air conditioning systems, and installs ductless air conditioning and heat pumps, sheet metal installation and transitions, refrigeration, condensate and PVC venting.
- Procures all material in a timely manner to meet client service level agreements for scheduled completion dates.
- Possesses competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Responds immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Performs all work to industry standards and maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations and practices safe work habits.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with associates.
- Presents ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- EPA license
- Valid driver's license
- New Hampshire gas license
- Maine gas license
- Maine oil license
- Ladders of various types and heights
- Man-lift equipment
- Laptop computer
- Infrared cameras
- Refrigeration testing equipment
- Calibration and testing equipment